[tuhopuu-devel] Gameengine + stereo

Kester Maddock tuhopuu-devel@blender.org
Thu Aug 12 01:43:04 CEST 2004

Hi Chris,

On Wednesday 11 August 2004 15:24, Chris Want wrote:
> Thanks Kester!
>
> Do you know if the shutter glasses that come with some
> nvidia cards will work with this under linux? If I
> can get this to compile on IRIX I'll try some crystal
> eyes glasses, hopefully tomorrow. I tried the anaglyph
> stereo, but found the frame rate to be really, really slow
> (1 frame every 2 seconds).
They will work on Quadro cards.  Make sure Option "Stereo" "1" is in
XFree86Config (and see nvidia's readme for details)  I'm not sure if there
are software geforce to quadro hacks for Linux.  Performance should be
roughly half that of non stereo, for all modes.

Also, try turning on Vertex Arrays in System & OpenGL - it uses vertex buffer
objects, and try turning off shadows in the scene buttons.

I don't actually have access to any shutter glasses, but I have had a report
that it works!

> Unrelated to stereo support, I found the games I tried to
> be missing textures, e.g. here is the skategirl demo from
> 225_game_demos:
>
> http://bebop.cns.ualberta.ca/~cwant/skategirl-pre-play.jpg
> http://bebop.cns.ualberta.ca/~cwant/skategirl-post-play.jpg
That was supposed to be fixed 10/8.  The display lists are caching the
lighting passes, where textures are disabled.

> I am also getting the following message a lot:
>
> SM_Scene::~SM_Scene: There are still objects in the Sumo scene!
I don't think it's anything to worry about - lights & cameras don't seem clean
up after themselves, so they are deleted in the sumo scene.

Kester