[tuhopuu-devel] gameengine eats all CPU on default scene

tuhopuu-devel at blender.org tuhopuu-devel@blender.org
Wed Aug 11 09:50:53 CEST 2004

> Hi Bjornmose
>
> CPU usage should definately be 100% in the game engine! No use wasting
> those
> CPU cycles when we could be drawing more frames!
ack :) but should still be responsive.

> What is the framerate (turn on Game->Show Framerate & Profile) ?  And what
weird it says 1000000.00 frames / sec!

> happens if you disable Shadows in scene buttons?
>
> What graphics card do you have?  If it is trying to do shadows in
> software...

One machine is a ATI soemthing the other one ist nvidia gx440 od so. Both do
the same.

> > For a WAG i'd think there is a unititialized local variable, since M$VC
> > takes stack garbage for the "truth" in this case .. dunno if other
> > compilers "zero" local variables. If you have candidates for that, i
> > could check that in debugger.

Ah ... wait, i think 'iv got it!
changing GetNumTextureUnits()
from
glGetIntegerv(GL_MAX_TEXTURE_UNITS_ARB, &units);
glGetIntegerv(GL_MAX_TEXTURE_IMAGE_UNITS_ARB, &units);
returning  units	-858993460 !

hrms .. should be handled by glew ...

gee.. units not initialized .. and it looks like glGetIntegerv(..);
is not altering it.

so this :

void KX_PolygonMaterial::DisableTextures(RAS_IRasterizer *rasty, unsigned
int unit) const
{
	for (; unit < rasty->GetNumTextureUnits(); unit++)
	{
		rasty->SetTexUnit(unit);
		rasty->SetTexCoords(RAS_IRasterizer::RAS_TEXCO_DISABLE);
	}
	rasty->SetTexUnit(0);
}

becomes a rather CPU consuming loop since unit is handled unsigned here!

BM