[tuhopuu-devel] State of the merge

Roel Spruit tuhopuu-devel@blender.org
Tue, 3 Aug 2004 23:04:47 +0200

Hi Hos, I doubt this will make the pain of a merge dissappear, but
remember..

WE LOVE YOUUUUUUUUUU

;)

Roel

-----Oorspronkelijk bericht-----
Van: tuhopuu-devel-admin@blender.org
[mailto:tuhopuu-devel-admin@blender.org]Namens Chris Want
Verzonden: maandag 2 augustus 2004 23:56
Aan: tuhopuu-devel@blender.org
Onderwerp: [tuhopuu-devel] State of the merge

Wow, did the merge ever go badly this time around! I doubt things
currently compile, so it may be a little while before things settle.
Maybe we should start merging twice a month to see if that lessens
the problems seen this time around.

Things that make Hos have a bad day:

* renaming constants/variables in one tree, but not the other. e.g.,
   FOO_SEL vs. FOO_SELECT
* changing spacing in one tree and not the other. e.g., (foo&bar)
   vs. (foo & bar).
* changing the order that functions appear in a file between trees.

Some notes
----------

everybody: space.c was a total nightmare ... if you had work in there
            you had better check that it still exists.

everybody: check button placement/existence, etc.

lancelet:
  * source/blender/renderconverter/intern/convertBlenderScene.c
    -- some matrices that used to be set to identity for yaf/aqsis
       now get set to something else

  * source/blender/src/renderwin.c
    -- check code for setting renderwindow title

apheX: check ignore occluded

Kester: all of the gameengine, basically.

Chris