[tuhopuu-devel] Re: UV Editor (more and more and more...)

malefico andauer tuhopuu-devel@blender.org
Fri, 16 Apr 2004 12:57:26 -0300 (ART)

Hi guys,

This is a feature request for Bjornmose and blendix
mainly (thanx for all the work you've done again!)

Well, what I think is this:

Currently for complex characters, if you want to
manage efficiently your different mappings the only
way for easy and fast visualization of zones or groups
of faces is to use either material indexes or vertex
groups.
This is common practice for me, define vertex groups
for arms, head, neck, body and then select each
separately, unwrap it, deselect or hide, select the
next one and so...

Problems with this technique are:

1- Need to be careful about sharing vertices.
Otherwise some faces will not be icluded in eitehr
group and tus, wil not be mapped.

2- Need to delete the unnecessary groups when applying
an armature (to keep things neat)

So, my question is, is it possible to add something
like a Face Groups feature ? This groups could/would
be accessible inside the UV Editor window through a
floating panel. They would be practically the same as
vertex groups, same way to handle: add group, delete
group, remove faces, assign faces....

I think it would be very useful.

Thanx for your atention.

malefico.