[tuhopuu-devel] Extention to Madprof's themes

Kester Maddock tuhopuu-devel@blender.org
Tue, 16 Sep 2003 23:15:43 +1200

On Tuesday 16 September 2003 03:57, Mal wrote:
> Also, integrating ODE's dynamics along with either it's or SOLID's
> collision detection would be great, ODE has a great dynamics engine (
> btw it currently might need to be re-set up to allow for more contact
> points to detect if an object's face is sitting on top of another
> object, this might be why the objects sometimes jiggle and don't settle ).
That's something interesting to try - currently I am using max 16 contact
points.  There are other simulation parameters you can tweak - the softness
of the constraint and the number of iterations of the integrator.  I changed
the number of iterations from 1 to 4 and it settles much better.

Currently, the ODE implementation is lacking damping, anisotropic friction,
and Fh stuff.  It is also unstable when meshes have things like missing
faces, unconnected verticies etc.  Also some of the python interface to the
collision sensors might by broken.

We'll evaluate SOLID when it's eventually open sourced.

Good to hear from you.

Kester