[tuhopuu-devel] Suggestion for a new effect (for MadProf and others)

Martin Poirier tuhopuu-devel@blender.org
Mon, 15 Sep 2003 15:16:37 -0700 (PDT)

This message is especially for MadProf (since, if I
remember correctly, you were the one working on new
effects), but anyone that feels concerned...

I think it might be a good idea to create a formal
Mirror effect, instead of using the clumsy scaling
trick. For one thing, this could permit us to mirror
on arbitrary axis and, most of all, it would clear the
openGL bug with a negative size will still being able
to use multiuser meshes.

I could easily provide the math to apply to each
vertice, but I really don't have time to dig into the
code to find out how to add new effects and such, so
if someone would take care of that, it would be great.

regards to all,
Martin