[tuhopuu-devel] Adding Kesterji

Chris Want tuhopuu-devel@blender.org
Sun, 07 Sep 2003 08:10:59 -0600

Hi Kester,

> I would say commit straight to tuhopuu and leave bf-blender for solid.  After
> the previous attempt at integrating ODE, a lot of solid stuff has been
> commented out, so it is not going to be as simple as dropping solid back in.

The main reason for segregating the code isn't about
solid: it's about getting it to build on every platform.

Current tuhopuu2 is able to build everywhere, but that
new ode is a bit nasty to build. I don't want to break
a lot of people's builds for this one feature. I also
don't have the time or machinery to get this working
on every platform so it's going to be up to the users
on each platform to do that.

So, for now I think it is best to segregate
the code, and we can merge it when we are pretty
sure each platform is taken care of.

> I haven't got a projects id, and it gave me an error trying to sign up - I
> guess Ton is still having problems with Postgresql. :(

Try again periodically. postgres seems to go down about once
a day (I had to restart it once last night).

> With the trimesh stuff, it looks like it has just changed to
> dGeomTriMeshDataBuildSingle
> (and dGeomTriMeshDataBuildDouble if your verticies are doubles)
> The advantages of using someone elses code, is that you don't have to code it,
> especially if it is complex physics stuff. :)

I certainly have nothing against using other peoples
stuff ... it's just more fun when it's not a moving
target. ;)

Regards,
Chris