[tuhopuu-devel] New development of the material system.

Chris Want tuhopuu-devel@blender.org
Fri, 28 Mar 2003 22:23:24 -0700

As I mentioned in our conversation, I'm a
bit apprehensive about changes that break
reverse compatibility, and as this relates to
the material settings it would potentially
effect almost every blend. Please note that
there is a function do_versions() in
source/blender/blenloader/intern/readfile.c
that is used for loading older blends and
making them compatible with changes that
would otherwise break reverse compatibility.

Also of note: the 'Parameter' pull down that sets what
material property is effected by the texture
does not support negative values (remember those
were tri-state buttons) and also one can not
set more than one channel per texture
... what's up with that?

Chris

P.S. can you supply an example blend that
exhibits this 'non-fatal' reverse incompatibility?