[tuhopuu-devel] GUI skins

Matt Ebb tuhopuu-devel@blender.org
Thu, 31 Jul 2003 22:21:59 +1000

Hi Daniel,

I've been doing some stuff along a similar topic recently (have a look here:
http://www.blender.org/modules.php?op=modload&name=phpBB2&file=viewtopic&t=1516&start=15
and on the next page). It would be neat if I could get it working within
your system. I've done it by creating a new 'emboss' type for each type of
button, and in the draw_but_XXX() functions overridden the emboss type
manually. I don't know if that's a good way to approach it in code, but the
general consensus is (that I firmly agree with) is that the look of the
buttons need to be differentiated according to their function. I've made
those modifications to a bf-blender CVS, mainly in interface.c. It's my
first time ever messing with OpenGL so I'm sure the code could use some
optimisation too. I haven't made any updates recently though - right now I'm
horribly sick with pneumonia :(

Anyway I can probably make up a patch tomorrow if people are interested to
take a look.

re: tuhopuu/bf divide. I'm certainly not an authority on the matter, but I'm
of the opinion that there should be a new tuhopuu made soon, forked 'fresh'
from the bf tree. There have been lots of changes, cleanup, documentation,
bug fixes in the bf code which aren't in tuhopuu. This may cause problems
with bugs that appear in new code in one, but not the other, and ton even
mentioned that when he was adding cessen's shading code to bf, he basically
had to re-do it from scratch by looking at the source files since the two
trees are so different now. Just my $0.02 anyway.

Matt