[tuhopuu-devel] Small questions...

Daniel Fairhead tuhopuu-devel@blender.org
Thu, 31 Jul 2003 15:00:54 +0300

Hi,

About the menus (File, Edit, etc in the top left corner, usually).

On my tuhopuu, they are all squished togeather. I checked the code,
and also the code in bf, and bf has an extra 15 pixels added to the
stringlength in function GetButStringLength. This is easy enough to
change, and I've tried it, and it is not squished for me now. Should I
commit changes like this? And should I featurelist.txt them?

Talking about featurelist.txt, are changes to the formatting of other
peoples features allowed (for instance, where the line-wrapping has
missed the width limit on old terminals) ? Should I change things like
this?

Talking about formatting, if I am code-browsing, and find areas which
have got messed up tabulation, or whatever, should I correct and commit
them?

Oh, and another side-point... How does the tuhopuu tree thinking work?
It's purpose to be an experimental fork of the bf-blender tree? And if so,
will it ever re-fork so as to keep the code-base the same (porting back and
forth every single change and bugfix from and to bf could take a long time).
For instance, the comment translations, the INTERNATIONAL changes back
to clean code, and so on?

Cheers,

Dan