[tuhopuu-devel] yafray new code , is it in ?

car tuhopuu-devel@blender.org
Wed, 16 Jul 2003 13:09:35 -0400

On Wednesday, July 16, 2003, at 06:00  AM,
tuhopuu-devel-request@blender.org wrote:

> Message: 1
> Date: Wed, 16 Jul 2003 03:46:55 +0200
> From: Daniel Johnsson <nishin@telia.com>
> To: tuhopuu-devel@blender.org
> Subject: [tuhopuu-devel] Yafray-addition
>
> Greetings!
> I committed some changes to the tree, but apparently there was my log
> message didn't get through!
> I talked to desaster and said that there might be a problem with
> aborting the commit once and then doing it properly. Which I did...
> Anyways, what my message said was basically:
>
> "This is the initial release of my Yafray-exporter code. It exports
> camera, lights, meshes (not subsurfs!), materials, textures (image(uv),
> cloud, marble, wood). I added an item on Green's renderer-select-menu,
> which in turn activates a couple of buttons around the interface. Eg.
> in
> light-buttons, in world-buttons and camera-editbuttons.
>
> Since I have yet to figure out how the yafray-shader-tags work and how
> they can make use of the variables in blender. For now, the diffuse
> color, hardness, reflection (incl. mirr, mirg, mirb) should work. The
> transparency for example, is acting up :)
>
> I added some variables to the DNA (on a closer look: scene, camera,
> lamp, material, world).
> I gave it a try to create my own DNA_yafray_types.h with a couple of
> structs for the existing ones, but gave that up... possibly something
> for the future?
>
> I had to change the void *tface to TFace *tface in mesh_types, because
> for some reason the uv-export segfaulted on me, and this solved the
> problem. Note: I'm not sure if this will have sideeffects!"
>
> Anyways, I hope this message will suffice!
> / Daniel (nishin)

Is any of that in or did it not succeed to commit to the tree, I
compiled and have seen nothing new here.

But the new constraints did go through from Theeth. Coolness.