[tuhopuu-devel] Yafray-addition

Daniel Johnsson tuhopuu-devel@blender.org
Wed, 16 Jul 2003 03:46:55 +0200

Greetings!
I committed some changes to the tree, but apparently there was my log
message didn't get through!
I talked to desaster and said that there might be a problem with
aborting the commit once and then doing it properly. Which I did...
Anyways, what my message said was basically:

"This is the initial release of my Yafray-exporter code. It exports
camera, lights, meshes (not subsurfs!), materials, textures (image(uv),
cloud, marble, wood). I added an item on Green's renderer-select-menu,
which in turn activates a couple of buttons around the interface. Eg. in
light-buttons, in world-buttons and camera-editbuttons.

Since I have yet to figure out how the yafray-shader-tags work and how
they can make use of the variables in blender. For now, the diffuse
color, hardness, reflection (incl. mirr, mirg, mirb) should work. The
transparency for example, is acting up :)

I added some variables to the DNA (on a closer look: scene, camera,
lamp, material, world).
I gave it a try to create my own DNA_yafray_types.h with a couple of
structs for the existing ones, but gave that up... possibly something
for the future?

I had to change the void *tface to TFace *tface in mesh_types, because
for some reason the uv-export segfaulted on me, and this solved the
problem. Note: I'm not sure if this will have sideeffects!"

Anyways, I hope this message will suffice!
/ Daniel (nishin)