[tuhopuu-devel] on Imagemagick...

Rob Haarsma rob@captainvideo.nl
Tue, 11 Feb 2003 17:48:16 +0100

Hey Hos!
(somehow replying your post didnt get on this board... so here)

Tuhopuu is (fully) supporting Imagemagick as well, carefully hidden
behind #ifdef WITH_IMAGEMAGICK notices. I stopped working
with this library because;
- for windows it requires over fifteen extra DLL's,
- a winbinary statically linked with Imagemagick makes Blender +5.5 mb
- and i have no clue on how to integrate it for other platforms.

SirDude has expressed his interest in giving it a try, so for the time
being I thought is was a reasonable solution to work with Freeimage.
Don't let the project being dead distract you... it's a very stable and
robust library and doesn't require any windows stuff to do it's thing.
(I still hope someone gets it working under other os'es, because then
it would be the coolest for Freeimage to get adopted by Blender...)

Rob.