[tuhopuu-devel] Mac OS X / backbuf

Robert Wenzlaff tuhopuu-devel@blender.org
Fri, 5 Dec 2003 07:43:49 -0500

On Friday 05 December 2003 04:45, Matt Ebb wrote:
> I looked through the tracker, but couldn't find exactly what the
> backbuf bug was, so it 's a bit hard to test it :). I just tried
> rendering an image with backbuf here on OS X 10.3 and it seemed to work
> fine. Is that it?

Backbuff with Unified Render off caused hang on _some_ compilers.  It's an
optimzation problem with some tricky code ( inner while loop rendercore.c,
near line 328).

Some compilers grok that *sp changes when ofs is modified, some don't and
optimize *sp to a constant and the loop never terminates.
Robert Wenzlaff       rwenzlaff@soylent-green.com