[tuhopuu-devel] Re: [tuhopuu-cvs] CVS commit: tuhopuu2/source/blender/src buttons.c

Roel Spruit tuhopuu-devel@blender.org
Thu, 21 Aug 2003 12:18:59 +0200

I would be more than happy to perform such an operation, would be
interesting to see how many space could be saved byt this.
if nishin wants to do this too we can join forces?

Roel

-----Oorspronkelijk bericht-----
Van: tuhopuu-devel-admin@blender.org
[mailto:tuhopuu-devel-admin@blender.org]Namens Daniel Fairhead
Verzonden: donderdag 21 augustus 2003 13:21
Aan: tuhopuu-devel@blender.org
Onderwerp: [tuhopuu-devel] Re: [tuhopuu-cvs] CVS commit:
tuhopuu2/source/blender/src buttons.c

Hi Daniel!

>   buttons.c:
>    I have modified the selection of Lamp type as well as Texture type to
>    MENU-selections instead of the space-taking buttons.
>    I left the original code in comments...

Great! This is the sort of thing which has been discussed for a while on
many
of the boards... However there is some dissention from people -- particually
long-term blenderheads -- saying "extra clicks! evil! evil! evil!" which is
(imnsho)
slightly absurd. I had an idea, to do this *everywhere* we can in blender
(tuho)
using #ifdefs, so we can just do add a "-D EXPINTERFACE" or something in our
CFLAGS, and change many things to this way, while keeping it compatable with
the usual system, so as to allow testing of this, to see if its such a good
idea in
practice (for things like OSA, etc). Should be easy, and fun to do.

What do you think?

Dan