[tuhopuu-devel] Re: [tuhopuu-user] 3d acceleration & game engine

Upi Tamminen tuhopuu-devel@blender.org
Tue, 12 Aug 2003 10:54:18 +0300

Heya

(I'll forward this to tuhopuu-devel for bigger audience)

On Mon, Aug 11, 2003 at 09:22:30PM -0600, Frank W. Samuelson wrote:

> Sorry if these questions have been previously covered, but
> the tuhopuu-user archives on blender.org do not work.

tuhopuu-user has actually never been used before ;)

> I compiled tuhopuu (the older one, not the recent bf sync-up).
> and when I run both the dynamic and static versions in Linux I get
> [hash.c:395] failed read
> a few hundred times, and then it prints
> Xlib:  extension "XFree86-DRI" missing on display ":0.0".
> and then blender runs, but very slowly, as if it's not using my
> hardware acceleration.    This is very strange because this has
> never happened before.  All blender releases and bf CVS grabs run just
> fine.

Looks like a driver issue to me, but since the other blender relases
work the only thing i can think of is that they get compiled with
different libGL or something...