[tuhopuu-devel] [ tuhopuu-Feature Requests-463 ] Script palette

tuhopuu-devel@blender.org tuhopuu-devel@blender.org
Sun, 10 Aug 2003 20:25:50 +0200 (CEST)

You can respond by visiting:
http://projects.blender.org/tracker/?func=detail&atid=136&aid=463&group_id=11

Category: Interface Improvements (example)
Group: None

Initial Comment:
It occurred to me one day that it would be neat if
running scripts would be easier.

At the moment, I open the text editor, open the script
from file, run it, and close it. This has the
disadvantage that I need to find the script from disk -
and even if I stored the script with the work file (not
nice because I may be using old version of the script
soon...) I still need to open the text editor and run it!

So how about a palette of buttons? I could assign
scripts (with icons, perhaps? hotkeys, even?) to
buttons, and then save the user preferences. These
buttons would then be always available, no matter what
I'm working on.
Then, at a flick of a button, Blender would open the
script file to a scratch Text, execute it, and nuke the
Text (for example; I don't know the specifics).

Hey, the other half of the ScriptButtons is notoriously
empty, something to fill it? =)