[tuhopuu-devel] BlenderML Tech readme 2, correct links & more.

Rob Haarsma tuhopuu-devel@blender.org
Fri, 04 Apr 2003 11:25:16 +0200

Hey all,

Oops, posted a draft version of the text, here are the missing links:

Gettext (v0.10.35) for text translation:
Home:  http://www.gnu.org/software/gettext/
Dload: http://www.gnu.org/prep/ftp.html in dir /pub/gnu/gettext/

Iconv (v1.8) for text encoding:
Home:  http://www.gnu.org/software/iconv
Dload: http://www.gnu.org/prep/ftp.html in dir /pub/gnu/iconv

Freetype2 (v2.13) for reading fonts:
Home:  http://www.freetype.org/
Dload: http://sourceforge.net/project/showfiles.php?group_id=3157

FTGL (v2.01) for drawing fonts
Home:  http://homepages.paradise.net.nz/henryj/code/
Dload: http://www.tncci.com/ftgl_patched.zip

Shizu made two changes to the FTGL distribution, so it works correctly
with japanese characters. I've made the archive available on my site.
You can also check Shizu's website for additional notes, but beware
that the FTGL library available there is an outdated version.
http://homepage2.nifty.com/~snts/blender/index.html

Since the ML Blender requires translation files, a default ttf font
and two extra DLL's, I finally decided to add a bin directory in the
Tuhopuu cvs. The win projectfiles in Tuhopuu will output the final
executable to blender/bin/windows. I also added the required files
in this directory. I hope everyone will agree on this.

For compatibility reasons i added an extra commandline option for
Blender; blender -i should make blender use the multilanguage feature.
It is currently disabled, but every platform manager can decide to
make Blender use this option.

Finally... I am working on a readme on how to make the translation
files for Blender. Currently the only languages supported are english,
japanese and (preliminary) dutch. I have a compiled version for windows
available, check it out if you like !
http://www.tncci.com/BlenderML5.zip

Hope you'll enjoy it, bye !

Rob