[tuhopuu-devel] Re: [tuhopuu-cvs] constraints

Martin Poirier tuhopuu-devel@blender.org
Tue, 1 Apr 2003 05:59:37 -0800 (PST)

> What does 'axis restricted tracking' mean exactly?

basicly, it means that the object doing the tracking
is only allowed rotation on one of his axis (local or
global can easily be done).

that's the example video (DivX) of my script.
http://www.clubinfo.bdeb.qc.ca/~theeth/Tracking2.avi

the target is the sphere, both the cannons and the
yellow base use restricted tracking.

Basicly, the math is a vector difference, two cross
products and a matrix back engineering (it's a math
made matrix, so it's sure to be perfect).

> OK -- how do you want to start?

we could start by adding the data and GUI structure,
make sure that it saves correctly and is compatible
with old versions, and then add the math to do it.

would be nice also if Ctrl-T added a real constraint,
not just a hidden one.

> P.S. I'm directing this message to the tuhopuu-devel
> list which is more appropriate for this kind of
> discussion than tuhopuu-cvs. The subscribe page is
> here:

yes, of course. I'm suscribed to that list already, I
just made a typo when typing the e-mail address. :)

Martin