[tuhopuu-devel] Re: [tuhopuu-cvs] constraints

Chris Want tuhopuu-devel@blender.org
Mon, 31 Mar 2003 20:57:37 -0700

> Is there anyone working on improving the constraints?

Aphex and myself are in theory working on this,
but truth told I've only had a cursory glance
at the source and data structures so far.

> I have the maths (and Python code, but I doubt that
> would be really helpful) for axis restricted tracking,
> so if someone would gladly give me a hand in
> implementing this, I'm sure some people would be
> really happy.

What does 'axis restricted tracking' mean exactly?
I'd certainly be glad to help you implement this stuff
(would certainly be a good exercise to learn the
constraint code -- plus I'm getting sick of auto-skinning).

> Basicly, I've looked at the constraint_target_to_mat4
> function in constraint.c which does the tracking in
> the current version, but I find it very confusing (for
> me at least). That and there would be some adjustement
> to do in the data format (I guess it would mean adding
> a flag property in DNA_constraint_types.h to the
> corresponding object) and some GUI counterparts in
> button.c.

OK -- how do you want to start?

Chris

P.S. I'm directing this message to the tuhopuu-devel
list which is more appropriate for this kind of
discussion than tuhopuu-cvs. The subscribe page is here: