[spe.pycs.net] mailing list active ? problem with 0.5.1.E

Jean Pierre 2s2n4e at mail.ru
Wed Sep 8 01:57:12 CEST 2004

On Tue, 7 Sep 2004 11:23:45 -0700 (PDT), "www.stani.be"
<s_t_a_n_i at yahoo.com> wrote :

> Hi Jean Pierre,
> This is list is still active, even if I am passive ;-)
>  The reason is that since january 2004 I had no
> internet connection, which makes it more hard to work
> on a project like SPE.  The htmlWindow bug is a
> serious bug and I'll soon release spe0.5.1.f which
> fixes that.

Ok thanks for the tip.
By the way I really appreciate SPE as a python IDE, it's
simple, intuitive and powerful.
Be sure that I will continue using SPE and report any bugs.

> What is the closing file bug? Could you report it
> again?

Sure :
It happens when I have several files opened and I try to close one.
I'm not sure where the problem is : windows ? python ? SPE ?
But here are what I got when launching in debug mode :

[snip lot of debug messages]
Event: sm.wxp.smdi.MDIParentFrame.onFrameTab(2)
Event: sm.wxp.smdi.MDIChildFrame.Move
Event: sm.wxp.smdi.MDIChildFrame.Size
Event: sm.wxp.smdi.MDIChildFrame.Size
Event: Child.onKillFocus 0
Event: sm.wxp.smdi.MDIChildFrame.Size
Event: sm.wxp.smdi.MDIChildFrame.Close
Event: sm.wxp.smdi.MDIChildFrame.Close

And then BAM ! Dr Watson :
python.exe
Exception : access violation (0xc0000005), Adress 0x00a73647

I work with
Enthought Edition build 1057
Python 2.3.3 (#51, Feb 16 2004, 04:07:52) [MSC v.1200 32 bit (Intel)] on
win32

But I've tried with python 2.3.4 and I've still got the bug...

What can I do to find what is causing the bug ?

> Stani
>
> PS I'll be away from the 9th till 20th of september,
> as I have an exhibition in Lyon.  I'm still looking
> for someone who would like to sponsor spe by giving
> some free zope hosting for my portfolio site
> (http://www.stani.be) Any suggestions are welcome.

I can't make any promise yet but I'm trying to convince the whole
company to switch from matlab to python.
SPE is a good asset to show people that coding in python is really easy
and if the migration is a success, I hope to convince the company to
give you some donations in respect to your effort.

Anyway, again : great software, thanks for all the good work !