[spe.pycs.net] mailing list active ? problem with 0.5.1.E

www.stani.be s_t_a_n_i at yahoo.com
Tue Sep 7 20:23:45 CEST 2004

Hi Jean Pierre,
This is list is still active, even if I am passive ;-)
 The reason is that since january 2004 I had no
internet connection, which makes it more hard to work
on a project like SPE.  The htmlWindow bug is a
serious bug and I'll soon release spe0.5.1.f which
fixes that.  If you can't wait you can replace the
code in the sm/wxp/__init__.py file as follow on line
347-351:

try:
    from wx.lib.iewin import IEHtmlWindow as
_HtmlWindow
    IE = 1
except:
    from wx.html import HtmlWindow as _HtmlWindow
    IE = 0

What is the closing file bug? Could you report it
again?

Stani

PS I'll be away from the 9th till 20th of september,
as I have an exhibition in Lyon.  I'm still looking
for someone who would like to sponsor spe by giving
some free zope hosting for my portfolio site
(http://www.stani.be) Any suggestions are welcome.

--- Jean Pierre <2s2n4e at mail.ru> wrote:

> Is this mailing list still active ?
> I've posted an answer to Stani for a bug on closing
> files, and I've
> never seen the email appear on the mailing list...
>
> I'm currently trying the 0.5.1.E version and I have
> some problems.
> When I try to launch SPE on either linux or Windows
> (with enthought
> python 2.3.3), I've had the following error :

> Starting Spe v0.5.1.e ...
>
> If spe fails to start:
>         - type "python SPE_.py --debug" at the
> command prompt
>         - send the error report to
> s_t_a_n_i at yahoo.com
>
> (c)www.stani.be
>
> Importing modules...
> Traceback (most recent call last):
>   File "SPE.py", line 73, in ?
>     main(debug=DEBUG)
>   File "SPE.py", line 23, in main
>     from sm.wxp.smdi import App
>   File

"/usr/local/lib/python2.3/site-packages/sm/wxp/__init__.py",