[spe.pycs.net] Re: Unicode Encoding?

Chris Spencer ckspencer at verizon.net
Tue Nov 23 21:11:19 CET 2004

Benno Dielmann wrote:

> I'll paste in my solution to this problem which I posted to this mailing list
> some time ago. So here it comes:
[snip]

Thanks, that did the trick. That and changing the font to one which
supports Asian characters. Although this hack is far from streamlined.
This trick assumes that all your files will conform to this encoding,
ignoring Python's protocol to list the encoding at the top of the file,
e.g. # -*- coding: utf-8 -*- for utf-8. It'd be nice to have a drop-down
menu that let's you select an encoding, akin to a web-browser, or let
the SPE auto-detect the encoding for each file.