[spe.pycs.net] Re: Linux packages (volunteers)?

Jorge Godoy godoy at ieee.org
Fri May 7 18:16:28 CEST 2004

On Sex 07 Mai 2004 12:15, www.stani.be wrote:

> Great!
> How flexible is this system?  Because a user reported
> a serious bug which can cause SPE unexpectly to crash.
>  I have to investigate it when I'm back (at the end of
> may), as I'm travelling now.
> Also to all you Linux users out there.  Are there not
> more of you who can create stuff like rpm packages for
> other distros for stable versions of Spe.  I guess I
> can give people access to the Blender website to
> update these when new spe releases are out.  Or is
> there no need as python setup.py is comfortable
> enough? Let me know...
> Also it would be nice if Linux users try to push spe
> into other standard distributions of Red Hat, Suse,
> Mandrake, ... Anyone has connections?
> Stani

I can create an Apt repository for Conectiva Linux as well. I can even
suggest the package to be included there, but I can maintain them here if
they don't accept it... their packaging rules might be a little different
than other distributions, but I don't think it would be a problem to
maintain an specific specfile (they separate docs, libs, examples, etc. in
packages of their own, so that you can handle each part in a separated way
and have a system with less space used with things you don't need -- after
all, does anybody uses all the locales from glibc on their system? ;-))

Be seeing you,
--
Godoy.      <godoy at ieee.org>