[spe.pycs.net] MDI is available on Linux (poll finished)

www.stani.be s_t_a_n_i at yahoo.com
Thu May 6 01:02:55 CEST 2004

Hi,
It seems clear that MDI for linux won.  We are here
just talking about the default behaviour.  Everyone on
every platform can choose between MDI or SDI in the
preferences dialog box (General tab, document
interface).  So since spe 0.5.0 MDI was always still
available, it was not removed.  I hope this is clear.

Now my answers:
1. Yes, now Blender switched to python2.3, I did as
well. So next release I delete all build/scripts*
files. For now I put a notice on the
http://spe.pycs.net website

2. idem according to Tina

3. Good!

4. This is not on Windows, so this must be a Linux
issue.  Anyone can figure out a patch. (Please email
me about this with s_t_a_n_i at gmx.net)
This is the code on 437 in Menu.py:
    def menu_exit(self, event=None):
        """File > Exit"""
        self.parentPanel.parent.onFrameClose()
onFrameClose is defined in smdi.py

5. Go ahead Tina.

6. Is this only in 0.5.1.a or was it already in a
previous release? Any error when spe runs in debugging
mode? In Windows it works, so again a Linux patch
needed by a volunteer.

There definitely will come a 'b' version, but not now.
 I announced before that now I am away and the next
versions are the latest scheduled for the end of may.

Stani