[spe.pycs.net] tar.gz releases

Paul Evans pevans at catholic.org
Tue Dec 16 18:35:15 CET 2003

On December 16, 2003 08:07 am, www.stani.be wrote:
> test.tar.gz
Works fine for me too under linux.

Those modules are handy. The other day I scripted a qt gui (under windows
even) to take apart openoffice drawings, replace the image info in them and
zip them back up. neat (all openoffice files are really zipped xml, despite
what the extension says). You could use the python api to save things out in
ms formats if you wanted to do the same with .doc or xls file types.

To keep at least a little on topic, the py2exe for distutils worked perfectly
and quickly to produce an exe and the needed gui dlls for distribution to
non-python windows boxen. Maybe we could have a version of spe like that?
Obviously pointless for people wishing to use a python texted, but maybe
blender people would appreciate it if it has a builtin python interpreter (I
use neither blender nor windows, so it may be a dumb idea).

--
Regards, Paul Evans