[spe.pycs.net] wxGlade

www.stani.be s_t_a_n_i at yahoo.com
Tue Dec 16 15:17:56 CET 2003

Tina, I added "one needs also to remove
/usr/local/bin/spe." in the README file

wxGlade
>Now something different:
>A gentoo user asked recently the following:
> 1) The SPE package includes wxGlade (bug#29002), so
perhaps either (a)
> the SPE ebuild should inject wxGlade into the list
of installed
> packages, or (b) make wxGlade a dependency, so that
the wxGlade ebuild
> has exclusive right to install it, and the SPE
ebuild might delete
> SPE's wxGlade files before installing, and create a
symlink to the
> actual wxGlade installation.

>What do you plan to do with wxGlade, Stani? If you
just distribute
>always the original, unmodified code of wxGlade, I
may do what this
>user suggests, i.e. delete wxGlade from spe
directories and use the official
>one. By creating links to that version this would
mean no changes for
>spe itself.

wxGlade doesn't have to be part of spe, as long as spe
can find the path (see menuToolsGlade in
wxMDIParentFrame1.py). The problem is that wxGlade can
be anywhere installed on the system and it is not
available as a module to import. So it makes things
smoother if wxGlade already ships with spe, such that
spe easily can find wxGlade and that users don't have
to start downloading seperate files. The best would be
if the setup script of spe checks if wxGlade is
installed and if not install it. But this is in a way
impossible because I don't know how to figure out
where wxGlade is installed. I could of course add an
entry in the preferences window but it makes wxGlade
more loose from spe.