[spe.pycs.net] welcome

Rasjid Wilcox rasjidw at openminddev.net
Sun Dec 14 00:55:08 CET 2003

On Sunday 14 December 2003 04:32, Paul Evans wrote:
> The usual way to do this is with -hold.
>
> Example:
> xterm -e date
>
> The window wouldn't even last long enough to read the output, but
> xterm -hold -e date
>
> will sit there forever until you nuke it.
>
> I was going to post the man page, but that's a bit not nice to people on
> dial up -- like me when I go back home :-)

Particularly with a long man page like the one for xterm.  Yes, I did look at
the man page, but I clearly missed seeing the hold paramater.  So thanks for
pointing it out.  It may come in useful elsewhere too.  :-)

However, for menuToolsConsole, what I think Stani is trying to do is get an
interactive login terminal.  This, as far as I can tell, is still
incompatible with using -e, but perhaps there is some magic way of doing that
too.

Cheers,

Rasjid.

--