[spe.pycs.net] welcome

www.stani.be s_t_a_n_i at yahoo.com
Sat Dec 13 11:32:40 CET 2003

Hi Rasjid,
> > There is still a problem with the tools menu in
> Linux.
> > Can anyone give the code for 'open terminal
> emulator'
> > or 'run in terminal emulator' which would work by
> > default on all linux versions. As you know I don't
> use
> > Linux, so I can't implement this.
>
> What are you trying to do here?  Just run or open
> and Xterm?
Well xterm or any other terminal emulator. I would
like to choose by default the terminal emulator which
is automatically installed on all Linux distributions,
because xterm doesn't appear to be.

> I have the latest version of spe and Boa, and so I
> should be able to look at
> this, although I'd probably like a hint as to which
> spe module in Boa I
> should be looking at.
The code is in menuToolsConsole and so on in
wxMDIParentFrame.py  See also the paths tab in the
preferences window.

> To be honest, I don't use Boa
> much, since I mostly use
> spe!  (I have the latest cvs version of Boa - I
> assume this is what you use?)
I use the official boa release. In fact I also quit
using boa since spe has wxGlade. Only for spe I use
boa because of its MDI support. But maybe once I'll
port spe completely to spe, probably for better Mac Os
X support which has troubles with MDI.

> Also, there is still the line ending problem on
> Linux in spe.
Chu-Ching Huang (check out his livezope, see
http://spe.pycs.net!) send me a good spe file. So I
hope that one will work fine.

Ciao,
Stani