[Soc-2018-dev] 答复: Several questions about working on the code

n w xp8110 at live.com
Sat May 19 14:57:36 CEST 2018

Got it! Thank you Joshua!
YimingWu
________________________________
发件人: Soc-2018-dev <soc-2018-dev-bounces at blender.org> 代表 Joshua Leung <aligorith at gmail.com>
发送时间: 2018年5月19日 7:51
收件人: soc-2018-dev at blender.org
主题: Re: [Soc-2018-dev] Several questions about working on the code

Hi Yiming,

1) That depends a lot on where the code will go, though it is preferable that all new code conforms to these guidelines.
-If it goes in source/blender and integrates with the rest of our C code (blenkernel, draw engines, editors, etc) you'll need to make it match our code style.
- If it is going into intern or extern libs folders, we are a bit less strict about this, mainly since we bundle a few externally maintained projects (eg audaspace, bullet, gl...) that need to be updated to upstream releases in future.

2) For all non core modules (eg freestyle, bullet/rigid body, cycles, ffmpeg, and some physics sims/modifiers, we typically have cmake options to turn those modules off when compiling so people can have faster/lighter builds.

If these are just configuration options for testing different code paths, we can look into this later.

Hope that helps,
Joshua