[Soc-2018-dev] Weekly Report #3 - Further Development for Cycles' Volume Rendering

Brecht Van Lommel brechtvanlommel at gmail.com
Sat Jun 2 11:43:10 CEST 2018

Great to see a first working version!

For threshold, there exists a mesh->volume_isovalue that should be reused.
In the UI it's in the Smoke panel for the domain, as Empty Space Clipping.

I would expect some performance impact from using tiles, it's more
expensive to do a tiled lookup. Depending on how big the impact is we can
think of some optimizations later.