[Soc-2018-dev] Weekly report #12 - Implementing a Hair Shader for Cycles

Leonardo E. Segovia leonardo.segovia at cs.uns.edu.ar
Fri Aug 3 22:09:52 CEST 2018

Week 12

Hi everyone! This is my report for the present week.
Objectives

In a followup to the report for Week 10, Brecht requested to test the
Russian roulette termination criteria to see if it introduced noise.
What's been done

   - Apart from increasing the render times, no improvements were found
   (the indirect glossy pass still resulted in noise).
   - The debugging code was removed (
   rB20b2af9cf5a8bb6b15c6652a02665dcd67eec3f6
   <http://developer.blender.org/rB20b2af9cf5a8bb6b15c6652a02665dcd67eec3f6>
   ).
   - I employed the remaining time detailing this work in my MSc thesis.

Next up

I'll leave the soc-2018-hair-shader-fixes branch as is, if its Filter
Glossy commit is needed.
QuestionsNone this time.

--
Lic. Leonardo E. Segovia
Departamento de Ciencias e Ingeniería de la Computación