[Soc-2017-dev] Weekly Report #04 - Sculpting Brush

Raja Kedia rajakedia2222 at gmail.com
Sat Jun 24 05:36:24 CEST 2017

Hello all,

The first evaluation period has almost come.

*What I have done this week:*

This week was a busy week as most of the work related to Topograb brush has
been done.

I have implemented final version of Topograb brush and it is working fine.
You can see its operation in demo.

*Demo*:
https://github.com/rajakedia1/GSoC-17-Files/blob/master/Sculpt_test.gif

*Link to my branch*:
https://developer.blender.org/diffusion/B/browse/soc-2017-sculpting_brush/

There are still a few changes to be made to make its operation faster and
to reduce memory consumption and leakage and I would be doing that in a day
or two.

*Next week:*

Most Probably work for Topograb will be finished off in this coming week
and I will again be starting out the Clip Brush Creation.

*Expected changes(Optional)*: Instead of making it a brush, I would create
it as an option in different brush (of course after consulting with
Letterrip and Hackerman that in which brush it can be added) so that they
could that brush in Topograb mode. That would help user to use that brush
in specific parts of connected mesh.

Thank you.

Raja Kedia