[Soc-2017-dev] Weekly Report #04 - Vertex Painting Improvement.

Darshan kadu darsh7807 at gmail.com
Fri Jun 23 21:26:41 CEST 2017

Hello everyone,

Here are the updates of the fourth week.

*What I did this week:*

In this week the major task was non-occlude painting. The approach I
finalized was like this -->
     Get the screen coordinate of the vertices and the brush.
     Check whether the distance between them is less than the radius of the
brush.

It took some time to get to know to the coordinate system in the blender
and the terminologies related to computer graphics.
I got the screen coordinate by multiplying the projection matrix and the
vertex coordinate.

On the BA thread, it was asked to have the non-occluded mode in weight
painting so, I have added this mode to weight paint also.

*What I plan to do next week:*

There might be an issue regarding the efficiency of above approach, I am
discussing it with Mr. Nicolas, So this has to be finalized in the upcoming
week.

There is a bug in vertex mask selection which I implemented last week, So I
will be fixing it.

I will start working on the Random color assignment problem.

Thank you,
Darshan Kadu