[Soc-2017-dev] Weekly Report #03 - Silhouette Operator

Sebastian Witt W.Basti at gmx.de
Fri Jun 16 23:22:42 CEST 2017

**

      Weekly Report #03 - Sculpting Silhouette

Hi Blenderheads, Sculptors and Developers,

This week I was able to make some good progress! Most of the foundation
is finished and now I am working on the fun parts, new geometry, shape
approximation and detection.

My focus was on creating clean topology. The brush will only be used if
it doesn’t distort and break the existing topology.

A clean topology is a challenge if the sculptor is able to draw any
shape he deserves.

Therefore I designed a system to calculate the “spine” of the sketch
drawn by the sculptor. The result is a tree-like representation of the
shape. Now it is possible to generate a shape from this. Every branch
will be modeled by geometry topologically identical to a subdivided cube.

I made a small gif to show the current stage of the tool:

http://pasteall.org/pic/show.php?id=116445(Branches are red)

To try it yourself, the current version is in the branch:

https://developer.blender.org/rBe0d8817e052c46edf0009f6b8d79dda2ec221cbd

My plans for the next week are, t-intersections, ends and bridging the
branches.

Have a nice weekend,

Sebastian Witt

*