[Soc-2017-dev] Weekly Report #02 - Package Manager

Ellwood Zwovic gandalf3 at blendermonkey.com
Sat Jun 10 09:26:54 CEST 2017

What I did this week:

Again, not very much.
On a happy note, finals are next week. This means I should be able to
get going properly soon!

However, I did get my branch pushed[1], and I added tab added to the
preferences.
This turned out to involve more code than I expected (lots of rna
changes), and it crashes when starting with my user prefs.

Questions:

Is there documentation on RNA/DNA and how it interfaces with python?

Plans for next week:

I'm hoping to start implementing a way to run asynchronous tasks.
I think my favorite candidate for this so far is a subprocess, as it
seems there is some overhead to running an asyncio loop inside blender.
Also, a separate process could potentially be made to work without
running the rest of blender.

[1]:
https://developer.blender.org/diffusion/B/browse/soc-2017-package_manager/