[Soc-2017-dev] Weekly Report #02 - Vertex Painting Improvement.

Darshan kadu darsh7807 at gmail.com
Fri Jun 9 19:51:57 CEST 2017

Hello everyone,

Here are the updates of the second week

*What I did this week:*

I have pushed my branch. here is the link.
https://developer.blender.org/diffusion/B/browse/soc-2017-vertex_paint/

I am getting more and more familiar with the code base. My mentor Mr.
Howard is providing great help.

I implemented the softlight, exclusion, luminocity ,saturation, hue blend
modes.

Next task is the accumulation, so for this, I researched about accumulation
in texture paint mode and how can I implement it in vertex paint mode. The
fourth variable mask which goes in along with color array is responsible
for the accumulation effect in texture paint.So I have to calculate this
mask variable in vertex paint which in turn uses a previously calculated
value. So here, the main task is how can I store the mask value.

I have also created the blender artist thread here is the link -->
https://blenderartists.org/forum/showthread.php?427686-GSoC-2017-Vertex-Painting-Improvement

*What I plan to do next week:*

I will finish the method for implementing the accumulation and start
implementing it.

I will decide the icons that I can give to the added blend modes.

Thank you,
Darshan Kadu