[Soc-2017-dev] Weekly Report #01 - Package Manager

Ellwood Zwovic gandalf3 at blendermonkey.com
Sat Jun 3 23:31:13 CEST 2017

First off, apologies for the late report. I mixed up emails and my first
report ended up in the moderation queue.

What I did this week:

Less than I'd like, as I'm currently in the midst of school exams.
I did catch up on a few preliminary things; my proposal is now on the wiki:
https://wiki.blender.org/index.php?title=User:Gandalf3/GSoC_2017/Proposal

Questions:

I assume we are to keep branch regularly updated on dev.b.o.
Are their any special guidelines around keeping this branch "stable" or
anything like that?

Plans for next week:

My plan is to resume poking around the UI code in the user preferences.
It may not necessarily be the best thing to start with, but as I have
somewhat of a start in that direction already (from back in may),
I may as well continue.

As school doesn't get out for another week an a half, I'll try setting a
modest goal: get a few buttons/ui elements added to the preferences,
with the idea of testing asynchronous operations with them later