[Soc-2017-dev] Weekly Report #07 - Mantaflow Particles and Fluid Guiding

Gottfried Hofmann gottfried at blenderdiplom.com
Fri Jul 28 09:26:29 CEST 2017

Hi Nils,

On 16.07.2017 22:05, Nils Thuerey wrote:
> planar, that will be "messy", and not lead to a proper inflow. Is there
> some convenient way in the blender UI to input a direction? Then the
> inflow could consist of a volume defined by a mesh plus an inflow
> direction...

It would be really cool for artists to have both normal direction and a
direction set as input in the UI. Check the currenct UI for Particle
systems initial velocity. There you have emission by normal and by
arbitrary direction side by side.

Maybe I will find some time for a mock-up of such a UI as I just had
another job where I would have been happy for a more fine-grained
control of smoke inflow in Blender.

> And you're right, it would be cool to have finer control over the inflow
> velocity with textures.

Let's go node-based! :)

Cheers,
Gottfried