[Soc-2017-dev] Weekly Report #08 - Vertex Painting Improvement.

Darshan kadu darsh7807 at gmail.com
Fri Jul 21 22:20:38 CEST 2017

Hello everyone,

Here are the updates of the Eighth week.

*What I did this week:*

I made the alpha visible in 3d view in last week but it wasn't working
properly for subdividing mesh. I still have not found the solution to this
problem.
There were two possibilities one was that alpha wasn't assigned properly
after subdividing or 3d view is not being displayed correctly.
After, looking through the code it was sure that the problem is in 3d view
display part because the alpha was getting assigned properly after
subdividing (by interpolation) the printed value of alpha at various stages
were proper. Also, if we use the only 2d body like the plane then after
subdividing it gives the proper result, but not same with the 3d objects
like the cube. I might not be using the proper OpenGL functions here, I
need help here.

Blender was slowed down because of traces of printf() function so I removed
it.

Ply exporter is working fine but not the importer, so I changed it. I
extended it intake to accommodate the alpha. It works fine now.
Fbx importer works fine for alpha but it gets scaled down after importing.
I don't know whether it is the desired result or any bug?

Artists were suggesting to have alpha should blend similar to the RGB blend,
now it does blend similar to RGB.

I have added the color lock option, it locks the RGBA value and won't let
the brush change it. I have written the code for it but it is not working
properly.

*What I plan to do next:*

I will complete the color lock option.

Artist has suggested the "bake to vertex color" with the current
development.

Also, the 3d view problem of alpha is to be solved.

Thank you.