[Soc-2017-dev] vertex paint project - ply exporter

Howard Trickey howard.trickey at gmail.com
Wed Jul 19 15:09:54 CEST 2017

Darshan,

What are you working on now?

I looked a little more at the issue of alpha display after subdividing. I
am pretty sure now that the alphas are set properly -- if you remove all
but, say, the front (subdivided) face, the display looks OK. I tried
changing the glBlendfunc call to:
glBlendFuncSeparate(GL_SRC_ALPHA, GL_ONE_MINUS_SRC_ALPHA, GL_ONE,
GL_ONE_MINUS_SRC_ALPHA);
which seems more correct, but it didn't make any difference.

Maybe someone reading this with more experience with OpenGL and
alpha-blending has an idea?  I wonder if somehow we have to turn on drawing
the elements in proper z-sorted order?