[Soc-2017-dev] Weekly Report #07 - Sculpting Brush

Raja Kedia rajakedia2222 at gmail.com
Mon Jul 17 20:33:56 CEST 2017

Hello,

Sorry for such a late reply. But really I had not got much time in last two
days.

First of all about the bugs that Letterrip has pointed out previously, I
have explained the cause for most of the bugs in a report that I have sent
in topograb thread in other mail. I have explained possible and probable
cause for the bugs and most of them were due to lack of dynamic array only
and can be solved easily once I implement dynamic array.

Regarding Dynamic array, I tried it but I guess the problem might be
related to wrong pointers declaration as Sergey mentioned. I will see that
once again. Actually I left it out then for a while because I thought that
once topograb for normal array is done, It would be better to go with
dynamic array after that. It is because if we find any error in topograb
before dynamic array implementation, we won't have to worry about dynamic
array pointers and it would be little handy to solve bugs. But if you
suggest, I will make dynamic array implementation before proceeding to
other things. :)

====Others====
Also, I recently seen a message in irc, that someone was having problem
while running my branch in ubuntu. I was unable to reply at that time due
to some reasons and lost the conversation later on. I think, the problem is
that warning which once LetterRip told me about. He didn't gave me much
details hence I was not able to go through it. Since, I am a window
developer and in my system all code that I write works flawlessly, I am
unaware of complile time error in other operating system. So, I suggest if
anyone build my branch, Please do inform me about the warning or errors. I
could make necessary changes.

=============

Few more things to add,

=>  I was not able to work for a day in last week due to my college project
completion. I have told LetterRip about it but I thought it would be better
to share with all.
=>  Since my college was reopening, I was not able to working last two days
due to registration and other college related time taking processes and
formalities. Now that I have done with all these processes, I will again
start with the dyntopo error correction from where I have left it out.
=> Also, My time of working might change a bit(LetterRip knows better).
Currently, I am also unaware of the timing as i might need one or two days
to adjust with time while handling both GSoC and college but still I will
be devoting most of the time to GSoC. I will soon update about my work
time.

What will be my target before GSoC 2nd phase evaluation:
 => A functional Topograb brush. ( I will try to make it error free as far
as possible and after that artists can give there better opinion). Actually
implementation of this tool took me longer than expectation but still I
tried my best.

Regards,
Raja Kedia.