[Soc-2017-dev] vertex paint project - ply exporter

Darshan kadu darsh7807 at gmail.com
Mon Jul 17 19:26:52 CEST 2017

Hello, Mr. Howard,

Today as you said before I tried to print the values of colors at various
location, but again no result.

Well, during the whole process it was always found that the color was
getting assigned to the vertices correctly.

What I think is there might be the problem in the 3d window as you mention
in #case 2, almost at all the places alpha was being considered whenever
col was used.

If the subdivider would have used some different interpolation method then
the final color would also have been different, but after printing it is
same as other if we give all of them the same color. So what exactly
happening is the final vertices have the same color along with alpha but
the 3d display is different.

 Also, if we subdivide the darker face which forms after the subdividing it
gets the same color(confused).

I don't know why this happens (this may be the reason), that when we run
the blender as " blender.exe --debug", while vertex painting we see the ",
," and occasionally 1 getting printed on the command prompt., (may be this
might be the reason for the slowness?) I will look into more detail of it.

Thank you.