[Soc-2017-dev] Weekly Report #07 - Package Manager

Mitchell Stokes mogurijin at gmail.com
Mon Jul 17 17:13:47 CEST 2017

Ellwood,

If Blender cannot handle non-unique addon names, then I would not worry
about supporting them in your addon.

As for updating a progress bar, WindowManager has progress_begin(),
progress_update(), and progress_end():
https://docs.blender.org/api/blender_python_api_2_78_3/bpy.types.WindowManager.html#bpy.types.WindowManager.progress_begin

I assume this makes use of the same progress bar as rendering does. We may
have to poke some people on IRC (or maybe someone on this list will
respond) to figure out if this is the preferred approach. Fortunately, this
issue doesn't block you from completing other tasks this week.