[Soc-2017-dev] Weekly Report #07 - Normal Editing Tools

Rohan Rathi rohanrathi08 at gmail.com
Fri Jul 14 21:13:19 CEST 2017

What I did this week:

Fixed all loops in an lnor space not not updating (had to explicitly
invalidate them) which was causing glitching. Along with other minor fixes.
Fixed the performance issues with Split, by generating a temporary loop
index table. Pretty handy imo.
Main work I did was on copy normals, I've finally settled on the ability to
copy face normals and only singular loop normals, nothing else. Feels a
little too stringent implementation to me, I guess I need feedback.
Lastly, I've begun work on weighting modes. The main and most important
part of the project yet. Finally discussed the method to follow and I'm
reading code about modifiers to get a better outlook on how to work on it.

What I plan to do next week:

I'll be spending more time than ever on the work to get weighted normals go
smoothly. I'll be taking feedback as well and make changes to the existing
ops based on suggestions by artists. Moulding the tools by artists needs
will be my prior task, I'll be working on weighting modes alongside this.

*---------- Question ---------- *
I was looking to upload my releases on graphicall.org. I've requested
upload permissions after logging in with no response yet (Not sure how its
supposed to work).
Right now, I'm sharing my build through a Google Drive link. I'd appreciate
some help on other means to share releases and in other operating systems
as well. (Currently am building windows releases)

Links:
My proposal: https://wiki.blender.org/index.php/User:RohanRathi
/GSoC_2017/Proposal
Windows x64 release: