[Soc-2017-dev] Weekly Report #06 - Package Manager

Ellwood Zwovic gandalf3 at blendermonkey.com
Mon Jul 10 09:10:55 CEST 2017

Hi Ton,

I accidentally hit send on this too early. Here's the rest of it:

Thanks for your feedback :) Replies are inline

I took over last year's repo: https://developer.blender.org/diffusion/BPMA/

> - Your reports (especially the last one) are very unsatisfying.
> Please don't say "I didn't make much progress" but be honest and say
> "I didn't spend time".
To be honest, I spent quite a bit of time and still didn't make
appreciable progress, which is worse.
After talking to Dr. Sybren and Mitchell, I think this is because I'm
getting sidetracked making a system which is more complicated than it
needs to be, at least at first. Dr. Sybren wrote a simpler version which
actually functions (at least for the basic downloading operations). This
made it clearer how I might proceed right now, but I'm not sure how best
to avoid this happening in the future. I'll try to make more detailed
plans on what I'm going to do the next day.

> - I made a special plea on giving you a chance and approve your first
> term.
> Please prove that our trust in you is worth it!
>
> You can do that by reporting from now on every day in irc, tell what
> you worked on and show that (as commits).
I'm sending daily reports to Dr. Sybren and Mitchell (and have been).
I'm in UTC-7 which means #blendercoders is pretty dead during daylight
hours. Is there a specific time which would work best? And, who should I
report to?