[Soc-2017-dev] Weekly Report #10 - Vertex Painting Improvement.

Darshan kadu darsh7807 at gmail.com
Fri Aug 4 19:16:40 CEST 2017

Hello everyone,

Here are the updates of the tenth week.

*What I did this week:*

I was not available for first some days in this week.

At this point,  I have completed all the task from my proposal except the
color gradient, along with several other tasks, so I started working on the
task suggested by Mr. Howard and users.

I increased the color layer to 64, I can increase it further, but only when
I will be sure that it is not crashing. Until now I have not got any crash
report.

There was a request from the user to have the new color layer to be default
one instead of copying the old one, I set the new layer to default one. But
I am not sure whether all the user like it this way.

There was a bug in vertex selection mode. Vertex selection mode was not
working well in vertex painting and weight painting for the non occluded
mode. I fixed by changing the occluded bool condition for vertex selection.

I replied to the users on blender artist. Still not done with it.

I created my wiki page for GSoC submission
https://wiki.blender.org/index.php/User:Darshan/GSoC2017
I am working on the documentation page.

*What I plan to do next:*

I will create the user documentation of my GSoC.

I will be interacting with the user on the blenderartist thread about the
bugs and features.

I have series of task suggested by Mr. Howard, so I will be doing that.