[Soc-2016-dev] Weekly Report #01, Sculpting Tools (Kairong Jiang)

Kairong Jiang cecil.ini.jiang at gmail.com
Sun May 29 11:47:33 CEST 2016

Hi everyone,

Sorry for being late. It has been a long week. Though not much, here is
what I did this week:

* Did a thorough research on sculpt.c as well as the relevant basic
structures. Understood the workflow of sculpt operations. Also read the
front-end code and saw how the interface interacts with the internal logic.

* Started implementing the silhouette brush, first by designing the user
interface. The silhouette brush is very much different from the existing
brushes. It works not typically as a simple "brush" and needs extra
selecting operations. Therefore just add a brush choice is not enough. I
need to implement the selecting methods first. There remains some design
issues I need to discuss with my mentor.

Next week:

* Finish UI design and selecting method for the silhouette brush.
* Discuss the details of the implementation of the silhouette brush with my
mentor Campbell and start working on it.

The progress is slower than expected. I've explained that to my mentor but
nonetheless I have to pick up the pace in order to catch up with the
schedule.

Best regards
Kairong Jiang