[Soc-2016-dev] Weekly report #01 - Bezier curve improvements

João Araújo jaraujo98 at gmail.com
Fri May 27 21:12:50 CEST 2016

Hello everyone,

this is the first report on my project. Here's what I did this week:

* I finished my "Improved Extrusion" patch, which was one of the
deliverables from my proposal. I submitted it to Differential [1] in order
to receive some feedback. After some modifications, I realized that the
implementation has some flaws. I will move away from it for a while to
clear my ideas and then get back to it.

* I started to implement the "Extend" tool. I am documenting my progress in
[2]. That page is written in a stream-of-consciousness Virginia Wolf style,
more like a blog entry, which I am not sure is very appropriate for a wiki.

* As part of the "Extend" tool implementation, I have been reading a lot of
Blender curves' source code, trying to understand it, and trying to
determine the connection between bpy and the C code.

For the next week I am planning to

* Continue (and possibly finish) the implementation of the "Extend" tool.

* Collect the ideas users have been giving on BA and place them on my wiki
page.

* Put a definite end to the "Improved Extrusion" patch, and start a
discussion with the community regarding its interface.

[1] https://developer.blender.org/D2017
[2] https://wiki.blender.org/index.php/User:Genio84/gsoc2016/Extend_progress
[3]
http://blenderartists.org/forum/showthread.php?397450-GSoC-2016-Improvements-to-Bezier-Curves