[Soc-2016-dev] Weekly Report #03 - Bezier curve improvements

João Araújo jaraujo98 at gmail.com
Sat Jun 11 18:01:37 CEST 2016

Hi all,

during this week I kept working on the Extend tool. Currently my work is
focused on implementing the functions on the original add-on which were
then used to run the tool. So far, I have already implemented the following
ones:

 * get_selected_splines - returns all the selected splines within a curve
object
 * get_selected_handles - returns all the selected handles withing a curve
object
 * get_selected_endpoints - returns the selected endpoints of a spline
 * get_nurb_shape_bounds - returns the projection of the bounding box on
the XY plane.
 * get_max_extent_2d
 * nearest_point - given a list of points, return the one nearer to a given
point.
 * interpolate_all_segments - return all the points of a Bezier curve
 * linear_spline_list - return all the points in a given curve object

The only function that remains to implement (and on which I am working
right now) is the get_intersections, which returns the intersections of a
line segment with a curve object.

After that, all it remains to do to finish the Extend tool is concluding
the implementation of the "exec" function. I know it is the third time I
say this, but I expect to have the Extend tool fully implemented this week.

For the next week, I plan on updating my wiki report with all the knowledge
I have acquired so far regarding Bezier curves. The reason I stopped
updating my wiki report was that it was too time consuming and didn't allow
me to focus on code writing. Should I complete the Extend tool, I plan to
release a test build for Blender users to play with and report any bugs.

Best regards,
João Araújo